I admit defeat!!! Under pressure from fellow bloggers and a sick missus that I’ve given my cold to, I present, in text form only, the first ten of my little poll. I am not ashamed to admit that I am a little bit nervous too: my stint on hospital radio was a very long time ago…but I will strive to put together a podcast for the Top 10. The results of the remainder will be published here every day from now to Boxing Day.
The biggest surprise for me in this first batch is the comparatively low rating given to the Sex Pistols, who had this track at no. 1 for several years, until Peely threw out the old system from 1982 onwards and limited the tracks to ones that had come out in the current year. The Fall have the second of four entries (not surprisingly, they had more entries than any other act). More surprises to come yet!!!
50. Low, Dinosaur Act
49. Jeffrey Lewis, The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song
48. Half Man Half Biscuit, Breaking News
47. Dinosaur Jr., Just Like Heaven
46. Fall, Australians In Europe
45. Colorblind James Experience, Considering A Move To Memphis
44. Matching Mole, O Caroline
43. Culture, Lion Rock
42. Dead Kennedys, Holiday In Cambodia
41. Sex Pistols, Anarchy In The U.K.